Well, since upgrading to the latest HTC firmware I’ve had random freezes while using Opera Mini 4. So, a couple of weeks ago I decided to remove it completely. Yesterday, looking around the Opera Mini website I decided to install it again and see if anything had changed. And so far so good. One thing I will point out is that the build date of my new Opera Mini installation is v. 4.0.10031,20071217. This leads me to believe that it is an updated version different than the one I had installed previously. One key difference is that when you first launch the program is asks for random key strokes or stylus movement in order to set up encryption.
So, there you have it I’ve had one solid day of usage with Opera Mini and no freezes yet.